Having a good pair of volleyball shoes is not enough to play volleyball. But, keeping them clean is essential for better performance and preservation. Cleaning not only helps to clean the shoes from dust but also increases the shoes’ life. So, choosing the proper method is essential because the wrong way damages your shoes. That’s why knowing how to clean volleyball shoes is crucial.
There are several methods you can use according to the shoe’s condition. You can use simple dusting and wet cloth wiping to remove dust and dirt. To remove stubborn stains, choose detergent and chemical cleaning, including detergents, baking soda, vinegar, and nail paint remover to remove stubborn stains.
Clean volleyball seems challenging to many people. This article will provide a simple and safe guide to cleaning your volleyball ball shoes for better performance without damaging them.
How to Clean Volleyball Shoes- 8 Effective Methods
Here are the following method you can choose according to the level of dirt on your volleyball shoes and how stubborn it is
1-Dusting to remove dust
If you have volleyball shoes with dust only, you can go with dry dusting. For this, you can use a dry cloth, or you can go with a soft bristle brush, mainly used to polish shoes and remove dust.
Now you have clean shoes. Include this method in your daily routine after every game round to clean the shoes.
Dusting your shoes is included as the first step in advance cleaning to remove loose dirt. And it prevents dirt from embedding more profoundly into the shoes.
2-Wet cloth cleaning
As discussed earlier, dusting is the first step of every method, so
- Dust off the loose dust first.
- A bowl of warm water is preferable, and a clean cloth.
- Dip the cloth and squeeze the extra water to avoid saturating the shoes.
- Rub the damp cloth on the shoes. It will remove the dirt from the shoes
- and clean them.
3-Soap and water
If you cannot remove the dirt with plain water, use soap and water solution.
- For this, you need a bowl of water, mix liquid soap to this
- Dip the clean cloth into this and squeeze
- rub it on the volleyball shoes
- Remove the insole of the shoes and shoelaces and wash them separately
- Wipe off the dirt and repeat until the shoes become clean
- At last, rinse with clean water
- Air-dry the shoe, insole, and shoelace
- Insert insole when it’s completely dry
4-Soaking In Detergent
As we all know, detergents work best on the cloth. It also works best on the shoes to clean them. Soaking is the best way to do so when you have a lot of dirt on your shoes and stain and cannot remove them with a damp cloth. For this method
- Fill the bucket with water and add detergent to this
- Soak the shoes for 30 minutes into
- Remove them from the water
- scrub the dirt with a brush.
- Clean or scrub the insole by removing it from the shoes
- Rinse with clean water
- Air-dry the shoes
5-Baking Soda And Vinegar
Vinegar and baking soda are cleaning agents. Readily available at home. These work best to clean volleyball shoes. These not only clean the shoes but also sanitize them having anti-bacterial properties
- Combine one tablespoon of baking soda, two tablespoons white vinegar, 2 cups of warm water
- Dip your white volleyball shoes in this mixture and
- Scrub your shoes with a toothbrush or clean cloth
- Rinse with water
Use baking soda and vinegar occasionally when other methods fail to clean shoes. However, both harsh and excessive use may damage the shoes.
Hand wash is recommended, but if you don’t have the time and your shoes are pretty dirty. You can go with laundry machine wash its the best option
- Remove the shoelace and the insole
- Put your shoes in a mesh bag and use mild and liquid detergent
- Set your laundry machine at delicate and cold washing
- After washing, air dry your shoes
Magic erasers help remove stains and dirt from volleyball shoes. It is effortless to use
- Dampen the magic eraser with water.
- Gently rub it over the dirt and stain.
- Be gentle to avoid damaging the shoes.
- Wipe with a clean, damp cloth.
8-Nail Polish Remover
Nail polish remover can tackle tough stains, particularly on the rubber outsoles of volleyball shoes. Apply nail paint remover to a cotton ball and rub on the stain until the stain fades away. Be cautious not to use this method on the upper fabric of your shoes, as it may cause discoloration.
How To Clean White Volleyball Shoes And Remove Stain
White volleyball shoes seem unique in the game. But these require more care and maintenance because they get stained and yellowish quickly. However, following this method, you can keep them clean, stain-free, and white.
Water and laundry soap
To clean white volleyball shoes, follow these step
- Firstly remove the dust with a soft brush
- After this, have a bowl of warm water and laundry soap solution
- Dip a clean towel in the solution; use the white one
- Squeeze to remove extra water or you can use tooth brush
- Rub this on the shoes
- repeat until the shoe stain are not completely fade
- In clean water, dip the cloth and wipe off the soap
- Air-dry the shoes
Toothpaste is available at home use for cleaning white shoes.
- Apply Toothpaste to a toothbrush or cloth and scrub it into shoes in circular motions.
- When whole shoes cover with it, leave it on the shoes for 20 min
- Rinse shoes with clean water
- wipe with a damp cloth.
- Air-dry the shoes
If your white volleyball shoes have strong stains, you can use diluted bleach as a last solution. Avoid using this on colored shoes. It may fade their color.
- Mix one bleach with five parts water and dip a cloth into the solution.
- Gently rub the stained areas,
- Then rinse the shoes thoroughly with clean water.
- Air dry completely before wearing.
Mistakes to avoid While Cleaning Volleyball Shoes
Excessive chemical cleaning
Avoid excessive chemical use to clean shoes, like vinegar and baking soda bleach. Use only when other methods don’t work. Excessive use reduces the life of shoes and damages the
Use shoes only when completely dry partially wet shoes may result in tears or wrinkles in shoes due to water presence.
Over-scrubbing of volleyball shoes damages the fabric and makes them rough
Avoid bottom cleaning
Don’t avoid shoes bottom cleaning because it is important to maintain grip on the floor.
How frequent cleaning of volleyball shoes is recommended?
Clean shoes after every session needs to be avoided. Cleaning once or twice is excellent. However, everyday cleaning may lead to damage.
These methods will help you clean your shoes from dust, dirt, and stain. Now you can confidently clean your shoes. You can choose any method according to the amount of dust, dirt, or stain, From simpler to detergents and chemicals. You can also machine wash them if all other methods are not working.
All of them are tried and tested cleaning methods that help you to clean and maintain volleyball shoes.